Bible Party Ideas
Nature Hike Party - Autumn
- Purpose: To enjoy God's creation.
- Activity: Go on a nature walk and collect flowers, twigs, leaves, pebbles, etc.
Provide zip-lock bags for each child. Punch a hole in each bag and tie
them together with yarn to make a class nature book.
- Snack: Trail mix
- Devotion: Review the Creation.
Noah's Ark Party - Autumn
- Purpose: An alternative to Halloween
- Activity: Have
each child bring in their favorite stuffed animal. Have parents donate
any wagons that they have at home for the party. Decorate wagons with
crepe paper streamers. Have a parade with the stuffed animals.
- Game: Play a CD with animal sounds and let the children tell you what kind of animal it is.
- Snack: Animal crackers and milk.
- Devotion: Talk about Noah building the ark and how Noah loved and obeyed God.
Christmas Party - Winter
- Purpose: Learn the Christmas story
- Activity: Make play dough cakes and decorate them with plastic candles to celebrate Jesus' birthday.
- Game: Hide nativity figures around the room. Let the children find them and bring them to the stable.
- Snack: Decorated cupcakes, and sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.
- Devotion: Tell the children the Christmas story.
Valentine's Day Party - Winter
- Purpose: Show love to family and friends
- Teacher Prep: Make cookies ahead of time. Provide children with icing, plastic knives, sprinkles, and zip-lock sandwich bags.
- Activity: Bake and decorate cookies to give to others.
- Snacks: Decorated cookies and milk
- Devotion: Discuss how Jesus fed 5,000 people because He loved them very much.
Kite Party - Spring
- Purpose: To have fun and enjoy being outdoors.
- Activity: Flying kites. Have parents bring kites that either store bought or homemade for the big event.
- Snack: Rice cereal treats and fruit punch.
- Devotion: Talk about how Jesus calmed a storm (windy).
Easter Party - Spring
- Purpose: Celebrating Jesus' resurrection.
- Craft: Make
musical instruments. String jingle bells of pipe cleaners, put beans in
paper towel tubes and cover the ends, plus any other great ideas you
- Activity: Play instruments and sing Christmas songs that praise Jesus.
- Snack: Fruit and crackers with juice.
- Devotion: Discuss the triumphal entry of Jesus.
Mother's Day Party - Spring
- Purpose: Show love to mothers
- Teacher Prep: Provide
cups, dirt, and small flowering plants. Also provide stickers, small
pictures of the children, Popsicle sticks, and glue.
Let children decorate their cups with stickers and plant flowers in
them. Glue a picture of each child on a Popsicle stick and push into
the dirt beside the plant.
- Snack: Cupcakes brightly decorated and juice.
- Devotion: Let the children tell you why their love their mothers.
Father's Day Party - Summer
- Purpose: Show love to fathers
- Teacher Prep: Cut out tie
shapes with knots from construction paper. Punch holes on each side of
the knots and string yarn through so dads can wear their ties.
- Activity: Let children decorate the ties that they are going to give their dads with crayons and/or stickers.
- Snack: Cookies and water
- Devotion: Talk about how much Joseph loved Jesus and took care of him as he grew.
Ice Cream Party - Summer
- Purpose: A time for parents, teachers, and children to have fun.
- Activity: Make sundaes.
Make ice cream cones by cutting out circles from a variety of colored
paper and long triangles from light brown paper for the cones. Let
children glue the ice cream circles on top of the cones and decorate
- Snack: Ice cream, toppings, plastic bowls and spoons, paper towels
- Devotion: God gives us food, and boy is it yummy!